- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The number of referrals to emergency rooms has increased by 35%, and the British COVID-19 variation has been observed all over Tehran. We may see a terrible pattern in hospitals in the second week of April.
- While Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for NCCT, had previously said that one million medical staff and vulnerable groups would be vaccinated before Nowruz (Iranian New Year, March 20, 2021) today, Kianoush Jahanpour, regime Health Ministry’s public relations director, said, “124,000 doses of vaccine had been injected in the country until yesterday. (IRNA, news agency, March 19, 2021)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: The COVID-19 daily hospitalization rate has increased by 20%, and the number of positive tests has risen from 13% to about 20%. (Fars news agency, March 19, 2021)
- Secretary of Ahvaz Health Council: There is concern that we will again face a new COVID-19 outbreak in the coming days. We are still working at total capacity, but the number of referrals is still very high. (ISNA news agency, March 19, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: With another 20 people infected with the British COVID-19, the total number of patients has reached 203. (ISNA, March 19, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, March 19, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 522 cities across Iran had reached 234,100. The number of victims in Tehran is 54,626, Isfahan 15,210, Khuzestan 13,229, Mazandaran 9,995, West Azerbaijan 8,763, Qom 8,580, Golestan 6,070, Hamedan 5,418, Kerman 5,179, Yazd 4,224, Semnan 3,890, North Khorasan 3,558, Hormozgan 2,560, Zanjan 2,550, Ilam 2,396, and South Khorasan 2,281.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 19, 2021