- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: For now, we will be dealing with the coronavirus at least for the next year or two. The officials of the Islamic Republic must understand that this virus is going to be with us for now, and we should convince people to continue their living while preventing heavy pressure on us (medical staff)
- A member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): We cannot give a timeline for mass production of domestic vaccines … but we have not been able to import vaccines either.
- Head of Gachsaran Health Network: In the past 24 hours, the number of outpatients has increased, which is alarming.
- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: The situation in four cities is red, and three cities are on the verge of turning red.
- Kerman Commander of State Security Force: 630 sites and 45 admins have been filtered for causing tension among people regarding COVID-19.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, January 4, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities had exceeded 196,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 48,291, Khorasan Razavi 13,340, Isfahan 12,235, Khuzestan 9,945, Lorestan 7,923, Mazandaran 7,542, Fars 6,028, Golestan 4,862, Kerman 4,340, Kermanshah 4,109, North Khorasan 3,028, Qazvin 2,052, South Khorasan 1,851, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,434.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 4, 2021