New official record: 415 fatalities in 24 hours based on state figures, 100% increase in less than three weeks
- Chairman of Tehran City Council: We have been taken aback by Coronavirus; the virus is beating us to the punch. (Asr-e Iran, October 28, 2020);
- A member of the regime’s parliament: The Coronavirus Task Force must construct a dam against the virus to protect lives. Why should it not think seriously about the entire country? Why have you not created a protective barrier to save lives? (Regime Parliament news agenc. October 28, 2020);
- Head of the Tehran Crisis Center: During the (1980s Iran-Iraq) War, we had 30,000 people killed every year. Now, over the last 8 months, 33,000 have lost their lives to the Coronavirus
- Deputy Health Minister: In South Khorasan province, test results for 80% of people who are tested come back positive. This is a worrying trend. (IRNA, October 28, 2020);
- Medical Sciences University in Yazd city: During the first wave, 15% of patients in hospitals needed oxygen, but during the third wave, this number has increased to 85% to 90%. (State television news agency, October 28, 2020);
- Mrs. Maryam Rajavi: The increasing and unbridled trend of Coronavirus patients and victims is the direct outcome of the inhumane and unpatriotic policies of Khamenei and Rouhani. Human lives are completely worthless in their eyes. The Khamenei-controlled entities that have a trillion dollars worth of the Iranian people’s assets must be controlled by the Iranian people themselves. The IRGC and the Bassij must be dismantled and their budgets re-allocated to the fight against the Coronavirus.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced this afternoon, Wednesday, October 28, 2020, that the Coronavirus has taken the lives of more than 135,300 in 460 cities across Iran. The death toll in various provinces include: 32,761 in Tehran, 10,182 in Khorasan Razavi, 7,497 in Isfahan, 5,106 in Gilan, 4,781 in East Azerbaijan, 3,952 in West Azerbaijan, 3,748 in Alborz, 3,721 in Golestan, 3,551 in Fars, 2,888 in Kermanshah 2,284 in North Khorasan, 2,120 in Kerman, 2,096 in Yazd, 1,927 in Markazi, 1,367 in Qazvin, 1,079 in South Khorasan, and 979 in Kohgiluyeh and Boyer Ahmad.
In an unprecedented announcement of the regime’s engineered statistics, Tehran’s Health Ministry Spokesman said that the number of fatalities over the past 24 hours reached 415 and 6824 new cases have been reported. 5012 patients are in critical condition. As such, the official number of fatalities has doubled in less than three weeks.
Today, the regime’s president Hassan Rouhani once again expressed worry about the real proportions of the Coronavirus crisis and said: “Sometimes there are conflicting things being said in various provinces by different individuals in their interviews, which causes confusion among people. In accordance with [Khamenei’s] guidance, we have appointed a spokesperson so that people can trust only his statements. … From now on, his statements will be the official statements.”
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), described the increasing and unbridled trend of Coronavirus patients and victims as the direct outcome of the inhumane and unpatriotic policies of Khamenei and Rouhani. Human lives are completely worthless in their eyes. She said while the regime spends exorbitant amounts of money on procuring smuggled weapons, its nuclear and missiles projects, and warmongering, export of terrorism and fundamentalism, Iranian workers, nurses, medical personnel, white-color workers and teachers cannot afford basic daily needs due to the unhinged inflation. This is while entities controlled by Khamenei have amassed more than a trillion dollars worth of assets belonging to the Iranian people. These funds remain untouched. The control of these entities must be turned over to the Iranian people. Moreover, one armed forces is enough for the regime. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and the paramilitary Bassij must be dismantled and their budgets must instead be re-allocated to the fight against the Coronavirus.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 28, 2020