- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The situation in Tehran is critical and the death rate is expected to change in another two to four weeks. The number of outpatients has increased by 23% compared to the past week and by 4.9% compared to yesterday. (Mehr news agency, February 18, 2021)
- Governor of Tehran: The COVID-19 situation in the Province is very fragile. Due to the surge in outpatients, inpatients, and ICU patients in recent days and the transmission of the British variant of the virus, we are forced to take special measures in Tehran Province. (Tasnim news agency, February 18, 2021)
- Khuzestan Health Center: Compared to last week, the number of outpatients in the Province has risen by 75%, hospitalizations by 65%, and death rate by 52%. (State TV, February 17, 2021)
- Izeh Martyrs Hospital: The number of patients admitted to the Coronavirus ICU wards has increased by 100% since last Wednesday. (IRNA news agency, February 17, 2021)
- Governor of Zanjan: Anyone with positive PCR test results is considered infected to the British COVID-19 and must be quarantined. (ISNA news agency, February 18, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on February 18, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities had exceeded 217,600. The number of victims in Tehran is 52,026, Isfahan 13,975, Khuzestan 10,995, Mazandaran 9,152, Lorestan 8,953, Qom 8,270, West Azerbaijan 8,078, Gilan 7,776, Golestan 5,655, Hamedan 5,143, Central Province 4,363, Yazd 4,012, Ardabil 2,707, Ilam 2,246, Zanjan 2,360, and South Khorasan 2,091.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 18, 2021