The Peoples Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced on Thursday, March 26, 2020, that the coronavirus death toll has risen to more than 11,900 in 224 cities across Iran. The number of victims in Tehran is 1,650, Golestan 670, Khuzestan 540, Kordestan 225, Kermanshah 340, Yazd 230, Ardabil 185, and South Khorasan 12.
Despite rising fatalities, Hassan Rouhani continues to lie. Today, he shamelessly said, “We have prepared all hospital beds across the country. Around 13,000 of these beds have not been used so far… I don’t think any other country has a situation like Iran … we have about 20,000 empty hospital beds.”
The lies came as, today, regime’s Ministry of Health announced that out of 2389 new infections, 157 have died in the past 24 hours, the highest figures ever published since the beginning. Mohammad Reza Heydari head of Mashhad’s city council, undermining Rouhani’s yesterday’s remarks about empty beds in Mashhad’s hospitals and ICU units wrote, “Mr. President, you should still be worried about Mashhad, hospital beds are being vacated in order to accommodate more critical patients. The need for ICU equipment has doubled, and the death toll is on the rise, so order ICU equipment to be sent to Mashhad.”
On the other hand, the details of the “Coronavirus Transmission Chain Reduction Plan” or “Social distancing” were announced today. This belated plan, which includes bans on travel, commuting, and forced closure of some businesses and jobs, has no provisions to compensate those forced out of jobs. In these circumstances, even the regime’s parliament deputies are warning against the deterioration of the situation.
Also, today, Massoud Pezshkian, a deputy parliament speaker, said, “We will not get anywhere with these superfluous and temporary decisions. As in most countries around the world, we need to be firm and decisive and put the whole country on alert; otherwise, the virus will stay with us for months and will take away the lives of many of our officials, doctors, and people”.
Anoushirvan Mohseni, another parliament deputy, said, “To prevent social discontent and reduce the economic pressure, we ought to withdraw from the National Development or the Reserve Fund to support businesses.”
Addressing Rouhani, Mohammad Reza Najafi, another regime parliament deputy, wrote, “Your approach to managing the current crisis is different from many experts. There is hardly any other country with such (high) tolls that acts so primitively. Thus, the second wave of the (Coronavirus) outbreak, which will hit in early April (after Nowruz holidays), will be more severe, deeper with longer impact than anticipated. The negligence will have its consequences also in the future”.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 26, 2020