- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The sixth COVID-19 outbreak will be ahead without adequate vaccination. New waves of COVID-19 outbreak will hit like floods or quasi-floods. (Mehr news agency, November 20, 2021)
- Kerman Medical University: In the last three weeks, an average of 650 COVID-19 patients have been admitted to the Province’s hospitals daily. (ISNA news agency, November 20, 2021)
- Shiraz Medical University: In the past 24 hours, 145 COVID-19 patients were admitted. Out of 1,353 COVID-19 patients, 177 are admitted to ICU. (State-run media, Borna, November 20, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan NCCT Headquarters: The COVID-19 death toll doubled in the past 24 hours. 203 COVID-19 patients are in ICU, and 40 are under the ventilators. (Mehr, November 20, 2021)
- Eight cities of Piranshahr, Tabas, Ferdows, Zabol, Zarand, Shahrbabak, and Khatam are in critical COVID-19 condition. (Tasnim news agency, November 20, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, November 20, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 478,800. In Tehran the death toll has reached 112,265, Khorasan Razavi 39,070, Isfahan 32,765, West Azerbaijan 17,868, Fars 17,760, Gilan 16,660, Alborz 14,073, Sistan and Baluchestan 13,315, Kerman 12,817, Kermanshah 8,899, Central Province 8,738, North Khorasan 6,083, Ardabil 6,015, and Qazvin 5,484.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
November 20, 2021