- Iraj Harirchi, Regime’s Deputy Health Minister: One in ten hospitalized patients die, one in two patients in ICU die, and one in 10 people are connected to tube in the ICU die.
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: The number of deaths in the past 24 hours (excluding Kashan, Aran va Bidgol) is 17, and 193 people are kept in the Intensive Care Unit. In Isfahan, the trend for the Coronavirus outbreak has spiked dramatically since August 19. (Aftab-news, August 25)
- ISNA News Agency: Last month, Fars Province had the bitter experience of increased hospitalizations and critically ill patients. There were days when the number of patients was more than the number of beds. The increase in patients required specialized services and ICUs, the lack of which increased the number of deaths to 20 people per day. (ISNA August 25)
- Zanjan University of Medical Sciences: Providing Hospital needs requires the participation of charitable people. Hard days are ahead of us for autumn and winter. (Aftab-news, August 25)
- Hassan Rouhani’s bold-faced lies: Coronavirus treatment is free for all Iranians and even aliens. In the hardest-hit days of the Coronavirus outbreak, there were enough beds for all patients.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on August 26, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 404 cities in Iran exceeded 95,000. The number of victims in Tehran is 23,145, Mazandaran 4,568, Isfahan 4,251, Lorestan 4,022, Gilan 3,943, East Azerbaijan 2,790, Golestan 2,746, Fars 2,678, West Azerbaijan 2,639, Hamedan 2,448, Kurdistan 1,909, North Khorasan 1,504, Semnan 1,227, Central Province 1,226, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 560, and South Khorasan 504.
Today, in his blatant and serial lies, Hassan Rouhani claimed, “Find somewhere in the world where the Coronavirus treatment is completely free. In this country, confronting the Coronavirus is free, both for our people and for those who live as aliens in our country. In hardest-hit days of Coronavirus outbreak, if anyone needed to be hospitalized for any other issues, beds were available. We are producing medicine.”
These lies come as according to the state TV, Iraj Harirchi, the regime’s Deputy Health Minister said, on August 9, “Prescribing drugs that cost 10 and 50 million [tomans] makes the poor envy as they cannot afford it. This will turn into pent-up anger. It will result in protests, and there is a cost associated with that.” Earlier, Asr-e Iran quoted Harirchi on July 16, as saying that for urban families, after Coronavirus, “the devastating cost of health care would rise from 3.7 percent to about eight percent. In rural households, this indicator increases from 4.9 to 12.9 percent.” In addition, the state-run Javan website, affiliated with the IRGC, wrote on August 3, 2020, “Patients in Tehran were waiting for the hospital beds to empty in the parking lot and their cars with oxygen capsules. According to some patients, this waiting period lasted up to three days. The officials of the Health Ministry and the hospital managers are speaking of hospital beds being fully occupied and patients in the emergency room waiting for beds to become available.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 26, 2020