The Corona outbreak hits Iran again even before the fall and flu epidemic
- Deputy Health Minister: In one week, the number of patients and hospitalizations in Tehran has increased from 900 patients to 1,800 patients daily. (ISNA, September 15, 2020)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce in Tehran: In Tehran, we are moving towards the third wave of the outbreak. The arrival of the third wave in Tehran will be much earlier than in other provinces. (Hamshahri daily, September 15, 2020)
- The spokesperson for the Health Ministry: This week, we are witnessing a 36% increase in the number of infected patients in Bushehr. (IRNA, September 15, 2020)
- Qom University of Medical Sciences: Yesterday, we witnessed a massive outbreak of the Coronavirus outbreak in Qom, to the extent that 120 people were admitted in one day. The health system’s endurance is endangered … We are against holding any gatherings, even in open areas. There may be a catastrophe on the way. (Khabar-e Fori news site, September 14, 2020)
- Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), called the resumption of the Coronavirus outbreak before the fall and the flu epidemic the result of the criminal policies of Khamenei and Rouhani, who reopened schools without the slightest precautionary measures, and ordered the holding Muharram religious ceremonies, deceitfully pretending to respect religious traditions. The Coronavirus spread could have been contained further; what is happening in Iran these days could have been prevented.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, September 15, 2020, that the number of Corona fatalities in 433 cities had passed 103,400. The number of victims in Tehran is 24,995, Khorasan Razavi 7,463, Mazandaran 5012, Isfahan 4,769, Lorestan 4,603, Gilan 4,281, Golestan 2,941, Alborz 2,936, West Azerbaijan 2,738, Hamedan 2,607, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 759, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 715.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 15, 2020