After six weeks of silence, Khamenei, the prime person responsible for the Coronavirus catastrophe in Iran, blamed the people again:
“Officials are sacrificing themselves, we the people, must do our duty”
Maryam Rajavi: While adding in salt into the grieving people’s injury, Khamenei did not make the slightest contribution from the $1 trillion plundered wealth of the Iranian people in the institutions he controls
- Saeid Namaki addressing Hassan Rouhani: Deaths are rising terribly in Isfahan next week
- Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, regime’s Interior Minister addressing Hassan Rouhani: Both the death toll and the number of Coronavirus patients in prisons are high, and the density is increased in prisons
- For the first time, the Health Ministry declared 24 provinces red and 6 in alert status.
- A regime Parliament deputy: The government has allocated only 30% of the considerable amount withdrawn from the National Sovereign Fund for Coronavirus treatment. The Supreme Audit Court of Iran (SAC) should investigate why the money withdrawn from the NSF was not allocated for the treatment of the Coronavirus
- Maryam Rajavi called the Minister of Interior’s confession about the spread of Coronavirus in prisons, admission to a crime against humanity. Khamenei, Rouhani, Raisi, and other officials of the regime, especially in the judiciary, are directly responsible. To prevent the continuation of this crime, she once again urged the international community to take measures to compel the Iranian regime to release prisoners, at least until the end of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Monday, September 21, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 440 cities across Iran had passed 106,800. The number of victims in Tehran is 25,655, Khorasan Razavi 7,793, Khuzestan 6,901, Mazandaran 5,182, Isfahan 5,029, Gilan 4,371, Sistan and Baluchestan 3,253, East Azerbaijan 3,208, Alborz 3,001, Fars 2,951, Hamedan 2,737, Kermanshah 2,452, Kerman 1,690, Hormozgan 1,465, Central Province 1,398, Yazd 1,379, Bushehr 1,325, Ardabil 1,290, Qazvin 966, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 811, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 732, and South Khorasan 682.
Today, after weeks of silence, at the end of a one-hour speech in defense of the unpatriotic Iran-Iraq war that left one million dead on the Iranian side alone, Khamenei, who is primarily responsible for the Coronavirus catasrophe, blamed the fatalities on the people. He said, “Let me say a word about the Coronavirus. Do not underestimate it! If we have 150 people, 140 people, 170 people die every day, is this a small thing?! The cure is in our hands—officials are sacrificing themselves. From doctors and nurses and managers are all constantly trying and working. We the people must do our duty, observing social distancing, wearing masks, washing hands, and other instructions given, must all be carried out.”
While on September 12, the Iraqi government banned Iranian travelers from attending the Arbaeen ceremony, Khamenei brazenly said: “Decision for attending the Arbaeen ceremony is at the discretion of the National Coronavirus Combat Task Force. If they said no, which they already have, we have to conform.”
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), said: “The spread of the Coronavirus catastrophe, which, according to the regime leaders, has put the whole country in a red situation, and the number of infected and mortalities are increasing every day, is the result of the criminal policies pursued by Khamenei and Rouhani, including forcing workers and laborers back to work and reopening schools in the absence of minimum sanitation, and holding Muharram mourning ceremonies. Khamenei did not make the slightest contribution from the $1 trillion plundered wealth of the Iranian people in the institutions he controls. Yet, he adds insult to the injury of the bereaved and ill Iranians and their families by saying that it’s the people who should carry out their duties and observe the instructions.
Mrs. Rajavi called the regime Interior Minister’s confession about the spread of Coronavirus in prisons as an admission to a crime against humanity, adding that Khamenei, Rouhani, Raisi, and other leaders of the regime, especially the judiciary, are directly responsible. To prevent the continuation of this crime, she once again urged the international community to take measures to compel the Iranian regime to release prisoners, at least until the end of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 21, 2020