- The Spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry: In the fourth week of September, the highest Coronavirus death rate was in Qom, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, and Isfahan. (IRNA, September 20, 2020)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Tehran is entirely red, we have entered the third wave of the Coronavirus outbreak in Tehran, the statistics (of the infected and mortalities) are increasing, and it does not seem to be a temporary situation. (ISNA, September 20, 2020)
- Head of ICU at Imam Reza Hospital in Mashhad: Due to lack of equipment and exhaustion of nurses and doctors, if the new entries to the hospital are not controlled, we will face a crisis, we do not have the fresh energy and equipment needed to meet the third wave of the outbreak. (ILNA, September 20, 2020)
- President of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, the number of deaths reached 11, unprecedented in the past four months. (Mehr news agency, September 20, 2020)
- Javan, the IRGC affiliated news site: “The Coronavirus behaves like a time bomb and may explode at any moment, destroying all infrastructure. (Javan, September 20, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, September 20, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 440 cities had exceeded 106,200. The number of victims in Tehran is 25,535, Khorasan Razavi 7,758, Isfahan 4,994, Qom 4,780, Lorestan 4,728, East Azerbaijan 3,168, Alborz 2,986, West Azerbaijan 2,816, Kurdistan 2,051, Kerman 1,680, Semnan 1,396, Zanjan 1,011, and Ilam 889.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 20, 2020