- The spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry: The highest Coronavirus death toll has been reported in Yazd, Kurdistan, Ardabil, and South Khorasan. (Mehr news agency, December 5, 2020)
- Alireza Raisi, the spokesman for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: In Tehran in particular, the situation is quite fragile; it may return to red, and we may have to tighten the restrictions again. (State TV, December 5, 2020)
- Regime’s Deputy Health Minister: Due to its high population and economic prosperity, the COVID-19 outbreak situation in Tehran is fragile, and the circumstances in the capital can change. (IRNA news agency, December 4, 2020)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, 43 Coronavirus patients have died in the Province’s medical centers.
- Golestan University of Medical Sciences: In the past ten days, there have been double-digit deaths in the Province. The virus is spreading increasingly in some cities. Bandar Torkaman is one of the seven cities in the country where the condition is higher than red. (Mehr, December 5, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, December 5, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 465 cities had exceeded 177,300. The number of victims in Tehran is 43,791, Khorasan Razavi 12,415, Isfahan 10,230, Khuzestan 9,300, Lorestan 7,235, Mazandaran 6,717, West Azerbaijan 6,620, Gilan 5,871, Fars 5,167, Hamedan 4,375, Kerman 3,639, Central Province 3,518, Yazd 3,132, Kurdistan 3,106, Semnan 2,589, Ardabil 2,092, Hormozgan 1,905, Ilam 1,860, and South Khorasan 1,616.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 5, 2020