- Vice-Chair of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The rate of spread of the COVID-19 in Tehran is still high; we must expect the next peak.
- A regime parliament deputy: Our government officials did not take the Coronavirus issue seriously. If we compare Iran with countries with a similar population, we realize that we have the worst situation and the government’s solutions are not working.
- Natanz deputy in regime’s parliament: Natanz is in a super-red situation and could pose a serious epidemic risk to the people.
- Governor of Qom: In the past two months, in terms of the number of Coronavirus patients and deaths, Qom has been at the forefront.
- Central Province Governor: The capabilities of the Province in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic has decreased, and it cannot withstand another severe peak. Many nurses and medical staff are unable to attend the hospitals due to contracting the virus.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on December 9, 2020, that the number of Coronavirus fatalities in 465 cities had exceeded 180,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 44,591, Isfahan 10,500, Khuzestan 9,390, Lorestan 7,345, Mazandaran 6,857, West Azerbaijan 6,793, Gilan 5,961, Fars 5,352, Alborz 4,810, Kermanshah 3,846, Kerman 3,774, Central Province 3,668, Yazd 3,202, Kurdistan 3,151, North Khorasan 2,813, Semnan 2,709, Ardabil 2,157, South Khorasan 1,666, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,284.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 9, 2020