- Hassan Rouhani speaking about the COVID-19 pandemic: Today, we do not have a red zone, and we almost do not even have an orange zone. (IRNA news agency, December 26, 2020)
- Contradicting Rouhani, Alireza Raisi, Deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran, said today: There are currently 330 yellow and 108 orange cities. We hope that the orange cities will gradually turn yellow. (IRNA, December 26, 2020)
- Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences: The trend of infection and identification of new COVID-19 patients in 12 cities is increasing daily. If the COVID-19 color pattern is the same as in the past, all 12 cities of Mazandaran Province are red. (IRNA, December 26, 2020)
- ICU specialist at Masih Daneshvari Hospital: Although from the beginning, we were among the countries that had been hit by the Coronavirus, the distribution of the vaccine has been delayed. If it had not, we would not have lost this many medical staff and ordinary people. (ILNA news agency, December 26, 2020)
- Vice-president of Yazd University of Medical Sciences: I am worried about the fourth COVID-19 wave in February or March. I wish there would be a faster way for national vaccination. (IRNA, December 26, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, December 26, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 475 cities had exceeded 192,200. The number of victims in Tehran is 47,196, Khorasan Razavi 13,135, Isfahan 11,560, Lorestan 7,738, Qom 7,530, East Azerbaijan 7,432, Mazandaran 7,187, Fars 5,887, Alborz 5,055, Kerman 4,116, Yazd 3,407, North Khorasan 2,963, Hormozgan 2,030, Qazvin 1,992, and South Khorasan 1,796.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 26, 2020