- Kianoush Jahanpour, Health Ministry’s public relations director: The exact time for importing vaccine and vaccination cannot be announced yet. Of course, each vaccine must be licensed in the country of origin and used by its nationals before being imported.
- IRGC Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naghdi: I do not trust foreign vaccines. According to the available documents, these institutions have manipulated and infected the virus.
- Payam Tabarsi, from the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Another COVID-19 wave is likely to start in February. Hopefully, it will not be too heavy.
- The Health Ministry’s Spokesperson: The number of hospitalizations and deaths are increasing in most cities of Mazandaran. More cities in this Province will be red.
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: The conditions in many cities are still yellow and orange, and the virus’s spread has not been controlled.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, January 1, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities had exceeded 195,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 47,991, Isfahan 12,025, Qom 7,635, East Azerbaijan 7,507, Mazandaran 7,447, Fars 5,983, Alborz 5,125, Golestan 4,817, Hamedan 4,655, Kerman 4,297, Yazd 3,457, North Khorasan 3,008, Zanjan 2,050, and South Khorasan 1,826.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 1, 2021