- In the presence of Rouhani at the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT), it was announced that the schools will be opened from January 20, 2021. Rouhani said there is no alternative to in-person education.
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We are against the reopening of schools. We are worried about a fresh Coronavirus outbreak. This time our personnel may not have the strength and energy to confront the epidemic. (IRNA news agency, January 14, 2021)
- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: We should not lift COVID-19 restrictions under the pretext of economic growth. We are still worried about the rising trend of COVID-19 infections. Due to the current psychological and financial situation in society, if the fourth COVID-19 peak occurs in February, it will be a difficult situation. (ISNA news agency, January 14, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the NCCT in Tehran: In the past 24 hours, we have had 1,970, Coronavirus outpatients, a 6.7% increase. It would be seriously alarming if this trend were to continue in the next 48 hours. (ISNA, January 14, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: The hospitalization rate of Ahvaz COVID-19 patients has increased by 10 to 15% in the past few days. (Mehr news agency, January 14, 2021)
- A member of NCCT: We hope the first phase of the vaccine will be completed by the end of the Iranian calendar year (March 21, 2021). The Iranian vaccine will not reach the public sooner than the latter part of June 2021. (Javan daily, January 14, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on January 14, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities had exceeded 201,600. The number of victims in Tehran is 49,196, Isfahan 12,655, Khuzestan 10,090, Mazandaran 7,902, East Azerbaijan 7,698, Fars 6,132, Alborz 5,220, Golestan 5,060, Sistan and Baluchestan 4,871, Hamedan 4,758, Kerman 4,452, Central Province 4,153, Yazd 3,642, Kurdistan 3,441, Ardabil 2,487, Qazvin 2,117, Ilam 2,086, Bushehr 2,029, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,479.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 14, 2021