- Due to the criminal policies pursued by Khamenei and Rouhani, despite the growing number of Covid-19 cases, there is no clear prospect for vaccination. Qanai, chairman of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) Scientific Committee said, vaccination of people under the age of 55 (85% of the population) would begin next winter, and Alireza Raisi, the spokesman for the NCCT said that we will not receive many vaccines by the end of this year. (ISNA news agency, February 1, 2021)
- Secretary-General of the Nursing Organization: Nurses are reluctant to inject the Russian vaccine or any other vaccines that are not approved by the World Health Organization. (Hamdeli, February 1, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the NCCT in Tehran: In the past 24 hours, the number of hospitalizations has increased from less than 2,000 to 2,100. The daily hospitalizations have risen from under 200 to 342, the daily number of patients admitted to ICU from less than 100 to 110, and outpatients from 2 to 3,000 to 6,000. (Telegram account for Akharin Khabar media outlet, February 1, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: Last week, the number of hospitalizations increased by 15%, deaths by 14%, and the number of patients by 27%. The number of patients has increased by 600% in Hoveyzeh, 245% in Shooshtar and 169% in Shush. (Tasnim news agency, February 1, 2021)
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: On average, the number of COVID-19 outpatients and hospitalizations has increased by 10 to 15% in the Province. (Mehr news agency, February 1, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, February 1, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities had exceeded 209,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 50,621, Isfahan 13,335, Khuzestan 10,430, Mazandaran 8,587, Qom 8,105, East Azerbaijan 7,978, Fars 6,342, Golestan 5,384, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,041, Hamedan 4,943, Kerman 4,654, Central Province 4,263, North Khorasan 3,238, Semnan 3,110, and Qazvin 2,274.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 1, 2021