- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: Given the spread of COVID-19 this year, we do not at all foresee a calm Nowruz (Persian New Year, beginning on March 21, 2021). Perhaps if we had managed the last month of the Iranian calendar well, we would have had a calm spring. Unfortunately, I do not have such a forecast now. (State TV, March 3, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Undoubtedly, the mutated COVID-19 has spread in all provinces. In Khuzestan, we have 30 to 33 deaths due to this virus. (State TV, March 3, 2021)
- Alireza Zali: We have 2,055 patients in Tehran Province, 792 of whom are in ICU. The most critical challenge is the mutated COVID-19. (State TV, March 3, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: Between February 8 and March 2, 2021, one-third of the patients who died of COVID-19 were in the hospital for less than 24 hours. 56% of Khuzestan samples are from the British variant. (ISNA news agency, March 4, 2021)
- Kashan University of Medical Sciences: The number of Coronavirus patients has increased by 35% in just one day. (Mehr news agency, March 4, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Thursday, March 4, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 497 cities had exceeded 225,400. The number of victims in Tehran is 53,246, Isfahan 14,545, Khuzestan 12,015, Mazandaran 9,552, East Azerbaijan 8,638, Gilan 8,041, Fars 6,717, Alborz 5,633, Kerman 4,989, Central Province 4,563, Semnan 3,595, North Khorasan 3,448, Zanjan 2,455, Hormozgan 2,445, Bushehr 2,274, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,815.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 4, 2021