- Nader Tavakoli, deputy head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: The proportion of COVID-19 patients admitted to the ICU has increased slightly compared to the past, and it can be said that those who are admitted are in a worse condition. Hospitalization of patients under ten has reached 11%. (Mehr news agency, March 12, 2021)
- Khuzestan Health Center: The infection rate with the mutated British Coronavirus is ten times higher, hospitalization 8 to 9 times, and the resulting death is 5 to 7 times higher than the previous type. (ISNA news agency, March 12, 2021)
- President of Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: 34% of deceased COVID-19 patients either die when they reach the hospital or die while still in the emergency room. (ISNA, March 12, 2021)
- Acting Governor of Mahshahr: Currently, between 150 to 200 COVID-19 tests are done in Mahshahr daily, 60 to 70% are positive. (IRNA news agency, March 12, 2021)
- Kashan University of Medical Sciences: The number of hospitalizations this week has increased by 70% compared to last week. (State-run Shafaghna media outlet, March 12, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, March 12, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 518 cities had exceeded 230,100. The number of victims in Tehran is 54,001, Isfahan 14,915, Khuzestan 12,690, Mazandaran 9,772, East Azerbaijan 8,918, Gilan 8,151, Fars 6,817, Alborz 5,718, Kerman 5,079, Ardabil 2,847, Qazvin 2,614, and South Khorasan 2,241.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 12, 2021