- In his New Year message, Khamenei failed to sympathize with the victims of COVID-19; instead, he blatantly lied about unreal successes in producing vaccines.
- Regime Health Ministry: Currently, 12 cities have a red COVID-19 status, and 39 cities are orange. (IRNA news agency, March 21, 2021)
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: Given the change of status in various cities today, the COVID-19 situation is very fragile, and we will face more changes in the coming days. (Asre Iran daily, March 21, 2021)
- Alireza Zali: According to the past 24-hour statistics from Tehran, over 2,200 COVID-19 patients have been hospitalized, of whom some 780 are in ICU, and unfortunately, we have again about 370 new patients, 80 of whom were admitted to the ICU. (Asre Iran daily, March 21, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: There are 147 COVID-19 patients in ICU, which is 50% more than the last week of January 2021.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, March 21, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 522 cities had exceeded 235,100. The number of victims in Tehran is 54,801, Isfahan 15,285, Khuzestan 13,369, Mazandaran 10,050, West Azerbaijan 8,808, Gilan 8,291, Golestan 6,095, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,481, Kerman 5,204, Central Province 4,843, Semnan 3930, Ardabil 2,902, Bushehr 2,379, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,789.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 21, 2021