- Fearing public anger and hatred towards the clerical regime for not purchasing the COVID-19 vaccine, Rouhani brazenly claimed, “We have no worries about producing domestic vaccines and procuring foreign vaccines. Under this government, the country’s capacity of the health system has doubled relative to what it was before.”
- Iran University of Medical Sciences: Tehran public hospitals are more than 40 years old, and most of them need to be renovated. Most hospitals in (Tehran) Province are not resistant to earthquakes above six Richter.
- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCR): The last peak of the COVID-19, which spread widely, was the same mutated British virus that had previously entered the country.
- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: Sensitive areas are still seen in the north of the country, and we must be alert not to go back to the old days. So far, we have not found any trace of the English virus. Of course, we saw mutations in the virus.
- Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences: Out of 4,500 active nurses in Kermanshah medical centers, 1,483 have been diagnosed with COVID-19
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on December 23, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 475 cities had exceeded 190,300. The number of victims in Tehran is 46,766, Khorasan Razavi 13,035, Isfahan 11,290, Khuzestan 9,760, West Azerbaijan 7,158, Mazandaran 7,112, Gilan 6,786, Fars 5,822, Golestan 4,712, Hamedan 4,565, Kermanshah 4,011, Kerman 4,094, North Khorasan 2,943, Ardabil 2,327, Hormozgan 2,015, Zanjan 1,985, Qazvin 1,967, and South Khorasan 1,781.
According to Tasnim state news agency, quoting Mohammad-Javad Irvani, a member of the Expediency Council, on the purchase of COVID-19 vaccines today, “The FATF regulations do not apply to humanitarian items and do not interfere with the purchase of such things.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 23, 2020