All 31 provinces in the country announced red by the Health Ministry
- In an unprecedented record, the spokesperson for the regime Health Ministry announced the number of new Coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours to sit at 5,616 patients, which is 10% more than yesterday and 100% more than last month. 4,861 patients are in Intensive Care wards, which is the highest figure in the past eight months.
- Saeid Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: If our broken wings are not repaired, we won’t be able to control the epidemic, and we will have to collect the corpses at the bottom of the river. If the Health Ministry is going to be blamed for this, I will disclose who is responsible and what others have done.
- After Rouhani’s warning to Health Ministry authorities that “they should not speak in a way that people feel that the government is not using all its power to confront the virus,” Saeid Namaki said today: Do not give a disappointing signal. Don’t say no beds are available and you may have to wait in the streets.”
- Tehran City Council: The crisis is such that a full two-week lockdown must be implemented. Half of the victims are from Tehran. (Mehr news agency, October 21, 2020)
- Governor of Lorestan: Coronavirus mortality rate has increased by three to four times more than the past weeks. (Tasnim news agency, October 20, 2020)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: So far, 4,600 Coronavirus patients have died. Every day except for Kashan, Aran va Bidgol, 35 to 40 patients die in the Province. (ISNA, October 21, 2020)
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: 34 patients died, and 283 new patients were admitted within the past 24 hours. There are 229 patients in ICU wards. (Mehr, October 21, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on October 21, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 458 cities had exceeded 128,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 30,991, Khorasan Razavi 9,747, Khuzestan 8,043, Isfahan 6,742, Lorestan 5,548, Qom 5,390, Gilan 5,001, East Azerbaijan 4,566, West Azerbaijan 3,671, Alborz 3,563, Sistan and Baluchestan 3,556, Hamedan 3,400,Fars 3,391, Kerman 1,990, Central Province 1,787, Qazvin 1,277, Zanjan 1,220, Ilam 1,074, South Khorasan 994, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 929.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 21, 2020