NCCT spokesman: The British COVID-19 has spread in the entire country
- Regime’s Health Ministry: Five red cities and eight orange cities have been added, a warning sign for the fourth wave of the COVID-19 outbreak. (Asre-Iran daily, March 24, 2021)
- Governor of Tehran: Six cities in Tehran Province are orange
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: The Province’s hospital capacities are almost complete, especially in Urmia. (IRNA news agency, March 24, 2021)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: To some extent, all positive COVID-19 cases are of the English variant. So far, 200 people in the Province have been infected with the British variant. (Mehr news agency, March 24, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: With the identification of 59 new COVID-19 patients in Hormozgan, the number of patients infected with British variant reached 358. (ISNA news agency, March 24, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll casualties in 522 cities exceed 236,800. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 55,061, Khorasan Razavi 15,400, Isfahan 15,375, Khuzestan 13,594, Lorestan 9,978, East Azerbaijan 9,293, West Azerbaijan 8,903, Fars 6,972, Alborz 5,863, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,511, Semnan 4,015, Hormozgan 2,590, Bushehr 2,394, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,895.
While the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) had announced that the British COVID-19 had spread in all 31 provinces, and although the number of vaccinated individuals is barely one in every 1,000 people, Rouhani brazenly claimed today, “Despite all the challenges, we have advanced in producing the COVID-19 vaccine and have gotten closer to the final stages. These have come at a time when many developed countries have yet not procured a safe vaccine.” He expressed hope that “by the end of this year (March 2022), it will be possible to vaccinate the entire population, and the new year will be the year of overcoming COVID-19.” Rouhani once again complimented himself for providing a loan in the amount of 10 million rials (equivalent to $40) and one million rials (equivalent to $4) per month for four to seven months to a portion of the population.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 24, 2021