- Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): There are COVID-19 Patients still in critical condition in ICUs, and the death rate will continue for another two weeks. (ISNA news agency, March 1, 2022)
- Ardabil Medical University: The COVID-19 deaths and hospitalizations are on the rise, and if this trend continues, we will not be short of empty hospital beds. (Mehr news agency, March 1, 2022)
- The NCCT branch in Khuzestan Province: The COVID-19 mortality is still high, which is related to patients admitted to ICUs three weeks ago. (Fars news agency, March 1, 2022)
- West Azerbaijan Medical University: Currently, 651 COVID-19 patients are admitted, 179 are in ICU, and 56 are using a ventilator. (Mehr, March 1, 2022)
- Tabriz Medical University: The number of daily Coronavirus deaths in East Azerbaijan increases. There are 239 Coronavirus patients in the ICU. (Mehr, February 28, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities has exceeded 515,600. The death toll in Tehran has reached 120,955, Khorasan Razavi 41,305, Isfahan 35,840, Khuzestan 31,005, Fars 19,810, West Azerbaijan 19,433, Mazandaran 18,470, East Azerbaijan 17,858, Gilan 17,755, Lorestan 16,845, Alborz 15,043, Sistan and Baluchestan 14,170, Kerman 14,042, Hamedan 9,533, Central Province 9,373, Hormozgan 8,565, Yazd 8,508, Kurdistan 8,444, Ardabil 6,646, Semnan 6,785, North Khorasan 6,668, Qazvin 6,183, and Zanjan 4,970.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
March 1, 2022