- While the regime parliament leaders and deputies have been injecting AstraZeneca Vaccines, the Deputy Minister of Health said: there is no need to import vaccines; the stockpile of domestic vaccines is sufficient. (ISNA news agency, January 14, 2022)
- Payam Tabarsi, a member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Certainly, the number of people infected with Omicron is more than those identified and reported, and most definitely it can become the dominant virus in the country. (ISNA, January 14, 2022)
- A member of the Scientific Committee of the NCCT: One-third or one-fourth of the positively diagnosed COVID-19 cases are of the Omicron variant. The actual number of those infected with COVID-19 is more than the officially announced figures. (ISNA, January 14, 2022)
- Arak Medical University: 55% of patients testing positive for COVID-19 are infected with Omicron. (ISNA, January 14, 2022)
- In Qom, 40% of COVID-19 tests have been positive in the past 24 hours. (The State Radio and TV news agency, January 14, 2022)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, January 14, 2022, that the COVID-19 fatalities in 547 cities have passed 497,600. In Tehran, the number of victims has reached 116,235, West Azerbaijan 18,773, Qazvin 5,854, Qom 13,380, Isfahan 34,495, Khuzestan 30,035, Fars 18,830, Gilan 17,255, Lorestan 16,455, Central Province 9,073, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,774.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 14, 2022