- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: The flames of the new wave of the Coronavirus outbreak may have been lit in Tehran. If the fire (of the virus) breaks out in Tehran, it will be very difficult to put it out. In Eslamshahr, Qods, Mallard and Shahriar, with a population of several million, there are no empty hospital beds. (Mehr news agency, January 28, 2021)
- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): I am not at all satisfied with the choice of the Russian vaccine. As a member of the medical network, I will not inject this vaccine because no information has been published about it so far. The COVID-19 vaccine must meet international standards. (Jahan Sanat, January 28, 2021)
- Mazandaran and Babol universities of Medical Sciences: 1,306 COVID-19 patients hospitalized, 297 in ICUs and 19 patients have died in the past 24 hours. (Javan, January 28, 2021)
- Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences: Over the past three weeks, the number of patients and hospitalizations has increased, and the fourth wave alarm is being heard. (IRNA news agency, January 28, 2021)
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: The number of infected and those hospitalized has increased considerably since January 22. This change is also evident in intensive care units. (Shahrara News, January 28, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced on January 28, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities in Iran had surpassed 207,800.
The death toll in the provinces are as follows: Tehran 50,316, Khorasan-Razavi 14,055, Isfahan 13,175, Khuzestan 10,355, Mazandaran 8,432, Lorestan 8,403, East Azerbaijan 7,913, West Azerbaijan 7,643, Fars 6,292, Golestan 5,290, Hamedan 4,888, Kurdistan 3,561, Qazvin 2,214, Hormozgan 2,175, and Bushehr 2,089.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 28, 2021