- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, it was decided to have a 10-day nationwide lockdown beginning Saturday, April 10, 2021. It will be re-evaluated and will continue if necessary. (ISNA news agency, April 9, 2021)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the NCCT: Now, our daily COVID-19 mortality rate has reached three digits and will remain in three digits for the time being. If we had taken the situation more seriously a little earlier, we would not have had such a high mortality rate now. It was clear as day that this was happening. (ISNA, April 9, 2021)
- Nader Tavakoli, Deputy head of the NCCT in Tehran: Yesterday, the total number of hospitalizations in Tehran reached 5,500, and the death toll was 58, which is increasing due to the severity of the infection. (IRNA news agency, April 9, 2021)
- According to a report from three medical universities in Tehran, more than 300 COVID-19 patients have been waiting to be admitted to ICU in the past two days. (Mehr news agency, April 9, 2021)
- Ilam University of Medical Sciences: In recent weeks, the number of COVID-19 patients has increased 10-fold. (Tasnim news agency, April 9, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, April 9, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 535 cities exceeds 247,300. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 56,701, Isfahan 16,145, Khorasan Razavi 15,935, Khuzestan 14,779, Mazandaran 10,540, Lorestan 10,424, East Azerbaijan 9,983, West Azerbaijan 9,298, Gilan 8,651, Fars 7,277, Golestan 6,370, Alborz 6,158, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,676, , Kerman 5,474, Central Province 5,143, Kurdistan 4,272, Yazd 4,444, North Khorasan 3,728, Ardabil 3,072, Zanjan 2,685, Ilam 2,531, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 1,995, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,914.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 9, 2021