• Health Ministry: Between July 16 to 22, compared to the week before that, the number of COVID-19 patients increased by 17%, hospitalizations by 15.5%, and deaths by 22%. Mazandaran, Ilam, Kerman, and Golestan had the highest number of hospitalizations, and Sistan and Baluchestan, Yazd, Bushehr, and Alborz had the highest death toll. (ISNA news agency, July 28, 2021)
• Iraj Harirchi, regime’s deputy Health Minister: In Tehran, Hormozgan, Kerman, and Alborz provinces, the COVID-19 situation is very dangerous, and hospitals are admitting more than their capacity. (State Radio and TV news agency, July 28, 2021)
• Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The fifth COVID-19 outbreak continues. In the past 24 hours, we have admitted 1,700 COVID-19 patients while 1,400 patients have been discharged. (The state-run media Aftab daily, July 28, 2021)
• The COVID-19 status in Mazandaran, Gilan, and Golestan provinces is black, and hospitals are full. (State Radio and TV, July 28, 2021)
• Beheshti University of Medical Sciences: We will not reach the desired point soon. Signs of delta mutation are seen in 70% of COVID-19 patients. (Fars news agency, July 28, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Wednesday, July 28, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities exceeds 340,300. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 79,426, Isfahan 23,050, Khuzestan 21,641, Khorasan Razavi 20,610, Mazandaran 13,185, Fars 11,567, Alborz 9,868, Sistan and Baluchestan 9,555, Kerman 8,343, Golestan 7,980, Central Province 6,928, Yazd 5,872, Hormozgan 5,690, Semnan 5,415, North Khorasan 4,694, Bushehr 3,849, South Khorasan 3,126, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,755.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
July 28, 2021