A new book “Crime Against Humanity” by , and for all the oppression inflicted on the people of is a nationalist commitment. It is our commitment and our steadfast resolve to achieve freedom. It is a staunch pledge to overthrow the mullahs’ theocratic regime. of 30K political prisoners in (mainly activists) was held next to the National Assembly in . The largest massacre of this kind since WWII.
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) October 30, 2019
- More than 30,000 political prisoners were massacred in Iran in the summer of 1988.
- The massacre was carried out on the basis of a fatwa by Khomeini.
- The vast majority of ofthe victims were activists of the opposition PMOI (MEK).
- Death Commissions approved all the death sentences.
- Ebrahim Raisi, a member of the Death Commissions, is today Iran’s Judiciary Chief.
- Alireza Avaei, a member of the Death Commissions, is today Hassan Rouhani’s Justice Minister.
- The perpetrators of the 1988 massacre have never been brought to justice.
- On August 9, 2016, an audiotape was published for the first time of Khomeini’s former heir acknowledging that the 1988 massacre took place and had been ordered at the highest levels.