• “Reopening schools in Qom will contribute to the spread of Coronavirus more widely, not to make up for the two years delayed education. (State-run media, Asr-e Iran, December 4, 2021)
• The regime’s Health Ministry: The cities of Tabas and Bahabad became red again, given the surge in the COVID-19 hospitalizations. (ISNA news agency, December 4, 2021)
• Jundishapur Medical University: The COVID-19 infection has increased in three cities of Hendijan, Gotvand, and Shadegan. (ISNA, December 4, 2021)
• Birjand Medical University: We do not agree with the reopening of schools in any way. This will help increase the spread of the disease. (ISNA, December 4, 2021)
• Alborz Governor: We are now at risk of the sixth COVID-19 outbreak. We must take the risk of the new epidemic seriously. (Fars news agency, December 4, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, December 4, 2021, that the COVID-19 fatalities in 547 cities had exceeded 484,800. In Tehran, the death toll has reached 113,545, Isfahan 33,280, Khuzestan 29,420, Mazandaran 17,670, East Azerbaijan 16,718, Qom 13,140, Central Province 8,848, Semnan 6,420, Ardabil 6,100, Qazvin 5,604, Bushehr 5,414, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 3,735, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,624.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
December 4, 2021