- Kianoush Jahanpour, the spokesperson for the regime’s Health Ministry: So far, 17 patients have definitively been identified with the English COVID-19 in Iran and the risk of its rapid transmission is serious. (IRNA news agency, February 16, 2021)
- Tehran’s Governor: The number of COVID-19 hospitalized patients under the age of 15, has increased from 0.9% to 11.5% and deaths have increased from 0.7 to 6.3%. (Hamshahri daily, February 16, 2021)
- Head of Infectious Diseases Department of Loghman Hospital: The number of COVID-19 outpatients has increased terribly; the ICU wards situation is the same and compared to a month ago, the number of referrals has risen 2 to 3-fold. The number of patients has increased ten-fold. (Hamshahri daily, February 16, 2021)
- Head of Sina Hospital: The prevalence of the British COVID-19 has increased five-fold and its mortality rate has tripled. If the fourth outbreak occurs, the death toll will increase 15-fold as a result. (State TV, February 15, 2021)
- Abadan University of Medical Sciences: Positive Coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours have increased 5 times compared to the previous 24 hours. (ISNA news agency, February 16, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, February 16, 2021, that Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities across Iran had exceeded 216,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 51,866, Khorasan Razavi 14,480, Isfahan 13,900, Khuzestan 10,915, Mazandaran 9,097, West Azerbaijan 8,028, Gilan 7,777, Golestan 5,630, Hamedan 5,123, Yazd 3,992, Ardabil 2,687, Hormozgan 2,330, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,629.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 16, 2021