- One death and 37 hospitalizations every three minutes indicate that the COVID-19 situation is still fragile. (Tasnim news agency, September 17, 2021)
- “There is a long way to go to return to the COVID-19 status that we were in January 2021; also, we should not ignore the sixth outbreak, which may begin in November.” (State-run media, Salamat news, September 17, 2021)
- Kurdistan Medical University: The number of COVID-19 patients and hospitalizations increases every moment, and the hospitals are full. (Tasnim, September 17, 2021)
- Qazvin Medical University: Compared to yesterday, the number of COVID-19 infections, those in ICU, and the death toll have increased by 33%, 8%, and 40%, respectively. (Tasnim, September 17, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan Medical University: The (high number of) Coronavirus death toll continues in the Province, and 27 people died in the past 24 hours. (Mehr news agency, September 17, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, September 17, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 428,100. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 100,566, Khorasan Razavi 34,525, Khuzestan 26,241, Isfahan 28,330, Mazandaran 16,240, Fars 15,359, East Azerbaijan 15,208, West Azerbaijan 15,113, Gilan 14,895,Alborz 12,533, Sistan and Baluchestan 12,285, Qom 11,780, Kerman 11,267, Hamedan 8,108, Kermanshah 7,504, Hormozgan 7,335, Kurdistan 6,707, Semnan 5,985, North Khorasan 5,549, Ardabil 5,405, Qazvin 4,709, Zanjan 4,175, and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 3,255.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 17, 2021