Rasht Governor: 4,307 People (Half a Percent of the Population) Have Died Since the Beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- The regime Health Minister: In some provinces, the death toll and the high number of COVID-19 infections are a disaster. I went to nine provinces; I saw all the ICUs. The situation is terrible. We have lost the trust of people. They do not trust my words as a minister because someone else says the opposite. (ISNA news agency, September 21, 2021)
- Bukan Governor: Bukan’s COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations exceeded the forecast and are higher than the highest record during last autumn. (IRNA news agency, September 21, 2021)
- According to Rasht governor, “Half a percent of the city’s population of 881,000 have died due to COVID-19. If we extend this to the entire country, the number of victims will be 420,000, while the death rate in remote cities and villages is much higher due to the lack of basic medical facilities.” (IRNA, September 21, 2021)
- Kermanshah Medical University: Nineteen people died of Coronavirus in the past 24 hours, and 1,326 patients are now hospitalized. (Fars news agency, September 21, 2021)
- Isfahan and Kashan Medical Universities: We have 2,996 COVID-19 patients, 510 in ICU, and 43 have lost their lives in the past 24 hours. (IMNA news agency, September 21, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 433,700. The death toll in Tehran has reached 101,826, Khorasan Razavi 35,375, Isfahan 28,760, Khuzestan 26,566, Fars 15,554, West Azerbaijan 15,378, Gilan 15,120, Lorestan 14,625, Alborz 12,708, Sistan and Baluchestan 12,405, Kerman 11,462, Hamedan 8,188, Kermanshah 7,674, Kurdistan 6,797, North Khorasan 5,614, Bushehr 4,924, and South Khorasan 3,806.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 21, 2021