- Ali Maher, a member of the Coronavirus Combat Taskforce in Tehran: More than 100 people die of Coronavirus in Tehran every day, and more than 1,000 are hospitalized. If the Coronavirus process remains the same, field hospitals and unspecialized forces will enter the treatment cycle. (Hamshahri state-run daily, October 17, 2020)
- Governor of Tehran: All the restrictions in Tehran Province from last week will continue to remain in force. (ISNA, October 17, 2020)
- Hamshahri daily, today: A heavy and black Coronavirus wave destroys Tehran. The capital’s hospitals are being allocated with the Coronavirus patients one after another. Some speculate that Tehran’s health care system is on the verge of collapse.
- Head of Shariati Hospital in Tehran: Tehran is under the heaviest Coronavirus attack. At the forefront of the struggle, we had to change the arrangement of the hospital wards.
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 1,656 patients are hospitalized with Coronavirus, and 329 are admitted to ICU wards in the Province. In the past 24 hours, 29 people have lost their lives. (Mehr, October 16, 2020)
- Gilan University of Medical Sciences: Hospitalization of Coronavirus patients in the past month is unprecedented, and we will face a more difficult situation. (ISNA, October 17, 2020)
- Governor of Ilam: The number of Patients, hospitalizations, and deaths have multiplied in a week. All capacities must be mobilized to confront Coronavirus. (IRNA, October 17, 2020)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, October 17, 2020, that the Coronavirus victims in 458 cities had exceeded 125,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 30,111, Khuzestan 7,958, Isfahan 6,559, Mazandaran 5,662, Lorestan 5,433, Qom 5,305, Gilan 4,936, East Azerbaijan 4,448, Golestan 3,591, West Azerbaijan 3,517, Alborz 3,443, Fars 3,286, Semnan 1,907, Yazd 1,761, and Central Province 1,707.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 17, 2020