• Rouhani brazenly blamed the people for the next Coronavirus wave, saying that wherever the people obeyed, we could control it, and wherever the people said it was not necessary, we had problems. He acknowledged that domestic vaccines won’t be available until next summer.
• Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We are very worried about the beginning of the fourth wave of the COVID-19 outbreak more lethal than the previous waves. (State-run Shafaghna news outlet, January 16, 2021)
Hamid Souri, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): In the current situation, I am completely opposed to the reopening of schools. For children, it is very difficult to follow the health protocols. (Mehr news agency, January 16, 2021)
• Alireza Raisi, spokesperson for NCCT: We will see a peak in COVID-19 outbreak in Qom, because no protocols were observed in the Friday prayers that they held. Those who plan these events are evidently responsible for the people’s death and should be punished.
• Head of the Medical Organization: Immediate procurement of the vaccine is the people’s right. Any delay causes more mortality and requires accountability.
• Khamenei, Rouhani, and other regime leaders are the prime culprits for these deaths, sending workers and laborers to the Coronavirus death field while banning the purchase of vaccines.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, January 16, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 478 cities had surpassed 202,600. The number of victims in Tehran is 49,366, Khorasan Razavi 13,755, Isfahan 12,745, Khuzestan 10,145, Mazandaran 7,982, East Azerbaijan 7,758, Fars 6,157, Alborz 5,243, Golestan 5,095, Kerman 4,472, Kurdistan 3,461, Ardabil 2,507, Qazvin 2,137, and Hormozgan 2,120.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
January 16, 2021