- Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: Due to the spread of the mutated COVID-19 in Khuzestan Province, all borders of the Province to Iraq must be closed. (IRNA news agency, February 17, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): In Khuzestan Province, we now have 11 red cities 39 orange, and 222 yellow cities. (Mehr news agency, February 17, 2021)
- Minoo Mohraz, member of the NCCT Scientific Committee: The English COVID-19 virus that has already spread in the country kills patients within three days. (Fararoo state-run media, February 17, 2021)
- Masih Daneshvari Hospital: In Iran, 24 people were diagnosed with the English COVID-19, which unfortunately two of them have died so far. (ISNA news agency, February 17, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: The new British COVID-19 with a very high prevalence and a higher mortality rate is the predominant COVID-19 virus in Khuzestan Province.
- Alborz Governor: COVID-19 is overflowing in this Province. Even thinking about the probability of the fourth outbreak is frightening. (IRNA, February 17, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on February 17, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities across Iran had exceeded 217,200. The number of victims in Tehran is 51,946, Khorasan Razavi 14,510, Isfahan 13,935, Khuzestan 10,955, Mazandaran 9,127, Lorestan 8,923, East Azerbaijan 8,203, Fars 6,532, Alborz 5,493, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,171, Kerman 4,824, Kurdistan 3,747, North Khorasan 3,348, Semnan 3,310, and Qazvin 2,419.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 17, 2021