- Rouhani, regime’s president: There are still other COVID-19 mutations. The Indian variant has infected people in some areas. About 14 to 15 million (doses) of vaccines are needed to vaccinate the elderly and the sick, but now there are only five million doses available.
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): With the slightest negligence, the Indian COVID-19 variant will spread to most cities. Cases are increasing in Bushehr, Sistan and Baluchestan, Kerman, Kermanshah, and Hormozgan provinces. (ISNA news agency, May 29, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: Over the past week, the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations in ICU has increased by 71% compared to the previous week. (IRNA news agency, May 29, 2021)
- Governor of Kerman: The governors should plan for the elections bearing in mind that the fifth COVID-19 outbreak will emerge. In some cities, including Bam, the situation is worse than previously reported. (State TV and Radio news agency, May 29, 2021)
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 15 cities are orange, nine are yellow, and no cities are blue (virus-free). (Mehr news agency, May 29, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, May 29, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 543 cities had exceeded 301,200. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 70,456, Isfahan 20,080, Khuzestan 18,799, Razavi Khorasan 18,315, East Azerbaijan 12,353, Mazandaran 12,090, West Azerbaijan 11,313, Gilan 10,131, Fars 9,997, Alborz 8,438, Kermanshah 5,903, Semnan 5,150, Yazd 5,082, North Khorasan 4,348, Ardabil 3,765, Hormozgan 3,675, Qazvin 3,464, Ilam 3,166, Bushehr 3,134, South Khorasan 2,801, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,359.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
May 29, 2021