- Loghman Hospital in Tehran: The number of COVID-19 patients and deaths is higher than in the previous outbreak. The COVID-19 hospitalizations have increased again starting six days ago. (ISNA news agency, October 17, 2021)
- Vaccination Committee of the regime Health Ministry: Given the growing number of COVID-19 infections, there is a concern that we will experience the sixth outbreak before the end of the fifth outbreak. (ISNA, October 17, 2021)
- The Regime’s Health Ministry: Due to COVID-19, tuberculosis infection and mortality rates have increased.
- West Azerbaijan Medical University: 666 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized in the Province during the past 24 hours, and 22 died. (Tasnim news agency, October 17, 2021)
- Shiraz Medical University: The alarm for the possibility of the sixth COVID-19 outbreak in Fars Province has sounded. (ISNA, October 17, 2021)
- The Sinopharm vaccines that the regime has imported and have saturated the market have provided only 5% safety. (State-run media, Setareh-Sobh, October 17, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, October 17, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 458,700. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 107,426, Khorasan Razavi 37,650, Isfahan 31,120, Khuzestan 28,120, West Azerbaijan 16,763, Fars 16,625, Lorestan 15,260, Qom 12,585, Kerman 12,227, Golestan 10,175, Hamedan 8,588, Central Province 8,378, Kermanshah 8,354, Semnan 6,190, Ardabil 5,750 Bushehr 5,179, Ilam 4,373, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,334.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 17, 2021