- Khamenei, terrified of the nurses’ explosive rage, took to the stage today, shedding crocodile tears for them with words such as “The nurse is the angel of mercy” and putting the blame for nurses’ problems on unknown people. This is while most of the nation’s wealth is plundered by him and his criminal gangs.
- Medical System Organization: All efforts should be focused on purchasing the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible and starting the vaccination within a specific time frame.
- The nursing Organization: The fact that on every occasion, promises are given to nurses, but are not fulfilled, will have no results but fatigue for nurses. The two main issues which must be given priority in scheduling and implementation are the shortages of workforce and change in the payment system.
- Vice-president of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: More than half of the nurses (in the Province) had contracted COVID-19.
- Khuzestan nursing Organization: Khuzestan has the lowest number of nurses in the country, the ratio of nurses per bed is 0.6, and given the international standard of 1.5 nurses per bed, this is a big problem in our area.
- In Iran, unlike in other countries, medical and nursing staff have no immediate prospects for vaccination. Their salaries and arrears have been delayed, and the promises made to them had been forgotten.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, December 20, 2020, that the Coronavirus death toll in 470 cities had exceeded 188,700. The number of victims in Tehran is 46,346, Isfahan 11,135, Khuzestan 9,700, Lorestan 7,623, Qom 7,405, East Azerbaijan 7,342, Mazandaran 7,072, Fars 5,742, Alborz 4,980, Sistan and Baluchistan 4,621, Kerman 4,009, Central Province 3,938, Yazd 3,337, North Khorasan 2,918, Hormozgan 1,995, Qazvin 1,947, and South Khorasan 1,761.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
December 20, 2020