- Head of the Medical Organization: The British COVID-19 is spreading in different provinces of the country. Any delay in obtaining the vaccines will have irreparable consequences. (IMNA news agency, February 26, 2021)
- Alireza Reisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): British and South African mutations of COVID-19 are not the only mutations. Mutations in the virus have certainly occurred in different parts of the world, including Iran. Until adequate vaccinations are done, we should expect other strange mutations of the virus at any moment. (ISNA news agency, February 26, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: The Coronavirus infection rate has shown a rapid rise in the past two or three weeks in the Province. We are the only Province where 11 cities are red. (ISNA, February 26, 2021)
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: ICU admission rate is 30% higher than last month.
- Although it has not been long since the arrival of the British COVID-19, Ilam Province has become one of its main epicenters. (Mehr news agency, February 26, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Friday, February 26, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 497 cities had exceeded 222,000. The number of victims in Tehran is 52,726, Isfahan 14,305, Khuzestan 11,520, Mazandaran 9,392, Lorestan 9,193, East Azerbaijan 8,373, West Azerbaijan 8,293, Gilan 7,946, Fars 6,637, Sistan and Baluchestan 5,266, Kerman 4,919, Central Province 4,473, Yazd 4,077, North Khorasan 3,408, Zanjan 2,420, Hormozgan 2,410, and Bushehr 2,244.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 26, 2021