• Rouhani: This week will be a much harsher week concerning the COVID-19 crisis compared with last week. In many provinces, there is an upward trend, and many are reaching a higher peak.
• Member of the Scientific Committee of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The COVID-19 situation is catastrophic. The death toll is rising sharply. The only solution is a complete lockdown and staying at home.
• A regime parliament deputy: There is no unique and firm strategy to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak in the country; even if the vaccine is given, the situation cannot be controlled.
• The stench of death has overtaken the city of Dezful (Khuzestan Province). The situation is alarming. The city is full of death notices of young and old COVID-19 victims. All cases are the British variant. Fourteen large hospital wards are devoted to Coronavirus, but still, 160 patients have not been admitted.
• Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: Hospitalizations in Khorasan Razavi Province have increased from 480 patients at the beginning of the Persian new year (March 20, 2021) to 1,424 now.
• Qom University of Medical Sciences: The virus is actively circulating in the Province, and Qom is at the top of the provinces facing a steep slope of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, April 17, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 539 cities across Iran had exceeded 255,300. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 58,371, Isfahan 16,675, Khorasan Razavi 16,335, Khuzestan 15,394, Mazandaran 10,810, Lorestan 10,773, East Azerbaijan 10,423, West Azerbaijan 9,608, Gilan 8,951, Qom 8,945, Fars 7,542, Golestan 6,550, Alborz 6,423, Kerman 5,719, Central Province 5,288, Kermanshah 5,104, Yazd 4,562, Kurdistan 4,432, North Khorasan 3,838, Ardabil 3,177, Khorasan South 2,501, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,080, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 1,994.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 17, 2021