• Rouhani: If we can vaccinate 12 million, or 14% of the country’s population, by the end of the term of this government in August, we would have done a great job!
• Alireza Raisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): Cases of Indian COVID-19 variant have been identified, especially in the southern and eastern provinces. We must be careful. (Mehr news agency, May 15, 2021)
• Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: The Province is in serious danger of two African and Indian COVID-19 variants. An increase in deaths and hospitalizations is inevitable. (ISNA news agency, May 15, 2021)
• West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: Daily COVID-19 patients are still in the triple digits. There are 233 COVID-19 patients in ICU and 17 have died in the past 24 hours. (Mehr, May 15, 2021)
• Gilan University of Medical Sciences: There are currently 452 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in the Province, 104 of whom are in critical condition in ICU. (State Radio and TV news agency, May 15, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, May 15, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 541 cities had exceeded 289,200. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 67,231, Isfahan 19,125, Khuzestan 17,874, Khorasan Razavi 17,730, East Azerbaijan 11,818, Mazandaran 11,790, West Azerbaijan 10,778, Fars 9,367, Alborz 7,898, Golestan 7,080, Sistan and Baluchestan 6,636, Kerman 6,488, Hamedan 6,478, Central Province 6,028,Kurdistan 4,987, North Khorasan 4,233, Ardabil 3,672, Qazvin 3,359, Ilam 3,076, Bushehr 3,014, South Khorasan 2,721, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,264.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
May 15, 2021