- Head of Infectious Diseases Department of Masih Daneshvari Hospital: The accurate Coronavirus death toll is 700 to 800 daily.
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: In addition to 9,400 COVID-19 hospitalizations, 4,200 patients use temporary hospitalization centers daily. If this were added to the hospital load, the volume of referrals would be very heavy. (IRNA news agency, August 3, 2021)
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: 78 COVID-19 patients have died in the past 72 hours in the Province. We will have a COVID-19 disaster in the coming weeks. (Mehr news agency, August 3, 2021)
- Golestan University of Medical Sciences: The capacity of some hospitals is completely full. Within 48 hours, 50 COVID-19 patients have died. (IRNA, August 3, 2021)
- 3,404 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized in Mazandaran, 402 of whom are admitted to ICU. (ISNA news agency, August 3, 2021)
- A Doctor’s report on the Coronavirus situation in Alborz Province: The country has been abandoned and a catastrophe is happening. All beds are occupied, only with the death of a patient does a bed become empty. There is no place for CT scan. (ISNA, August 3, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 547 cities is more than 346,400. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 81,056, Isfahan 23,440, Khuzestan 21,971, Khorasan Razavi 21,025, Mazandaran 13,420, Lorestan 13,030, West Azerbaijan 12,598, Fars 11,857, Alborz 10,103, Sistan and Baluchestan 9,955, Kerman 8,593, Golestan 8,175, , Hamedan 7,183, Yazd 6,032, Hormozgan 5,915, North Khorasan 4,759, Bushehr 3,924, Ilam 3,561, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,795, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,644.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 3, 2021