- Minoo Mohraz, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The COVID-19 situation is out of control. According to epidemiologists, 40% to 70% of the population should be affected to create relative and collective immunity. I confess that we did not do right from the beginning, and we are still in the same situation, and it will worsen.
- Masoud Mardani, member of the Scientific Committee of the NCCT: The COVID-19 situation is super-critical. Hospitals have no empty beds to receive patients. The situation is comparable to wartime.
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: 2,398 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, 365 are in ICU, and 46 have died in the past 24 hours.
- Alborz University of Medical Sciences: The number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in the Province is 1061, and 27 patients have died in the past 24 hours.
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: The Coronavirus daily death toll has exceeded 20 people, and hospitalizations have increased from 400 people at the beginning of the Persian year (March 20, 2021) to 1,500.
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, April 19, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 539 cities across Iran had surpassed 257,600. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 58,921, Isfahan 16,825, Khorasan Razavi 16,440, Khuzestan 15,554, Mazandaran 10,895, Lorestan 10,858, East Azerbaijan 10,558, West Azerbaijan 9,693, Gilan 9,031, Qom 8,980, Fars 7,647, Alborz 6,518, Hamedan 5,788, Kerman 5,789, Kermanshah 5,159, Yazd 4,587, Kurdistan 4,487, North Khorasan 3,858, Ardabil 3,212, Khorasan South 2,521, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari 2,105, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 2,014.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 19, 2021