- National Emergency Spokesperson: While we should have one ambulance for every 12,000 people, we have one for every 50,000. (Fars news agency, September 19, 2021)
- Head of Shariati Hospital in Tehran: The previous COVID-19 outbreak lasted one to 1.5 months, the fifth outbreak has lasted 2.5 months. The COVID-19 infections will increase in November and December. (State-run media, Salamat news, September 19, 2021)
- Qom Medical University: In the past 24 hours, 110 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized, and 18 died. (Mehr news agency, September 19, 2021)
- Abadan Medical University: Five hospitals in the southwest of the Province are involved in the COVID-19 crisis. The large number of critically ill patients will result in many deaths. (ISNA news agency, September 19, 2021)
- Kermanshah Medical University: Currently, 1,397 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized. In addition, 546 patients are under Remdesivir treatment on temporary hospitalization. The COVID-19 death toll is high. In the past 24 hours, 18 people have died with COVID-19. (Fars, September 19, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced this afternoon, Sunday, September 19, 2021, that the COVID-19 death toll in 547 cities had exceeded 431,000. The death toll in Tehran has reached 101,196, Khorasan Razavi 34,975, Isfahan 28,560, Khuzestan 26,406, Fars 15,469, West Azerbaijan 15,243, Gilan 14,995, Lorestan 14,555, Alborz 12,623, Sistan and Baluchestan 12,335, Qom 11,870, Kerman 11,352, Hamedan 8,148, Kermanshah 7,589, Hormozgan 7,380, Kurdistan 6,747, North Khorasan 5,579, Bushehr 4,899, Ilam 4,133, Qazvin 4,734, and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad 3,139.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 19, 2021