- Rouhani once again blamed the people for the COVID-19 pandemic and said they do not care and comply with less than 60% of COVID-19 protocols. He threatened that the judiciary might act.
- The regime’s Health Ministry: Last week, we saw a 17% and a 48% rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths, respectively, compared to the previous week. (IRNA news agency, April 24, 2021)
- Alireza Raisi, the spokesperson for the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): The Coronavirus situation in 25 provinces is not good at all. Tehran, Khorasan Razavi, North Khorasan, Golestan, Lorestan, and Hamedan have the most ascending trend of COVID-19 infection. (ISNA news agency, April 24, 2021)
- Masoud Mardani, member of the NCCT: Hospitals and ICUs are full of COVID-19 patients. They cannot accept new patients. The outbreak will continue until most of the population is vaccinated or infected with the virus. (State-run media, Shafaghna, April 24, 2021)
- Tabriz University of Medical Sciences: More than 300 COVID-19 patients are under ventilators. The death toll has risen to more than 20 to 25 daily, which is worrying. (Mehr news agency, April 24, 2021)
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences: The Fars Province’s COVID-19 patients’ hospitalization has increased to 2,605, and 32 people died yesterday. (ISNA, April 24, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Saturday, April 24, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 541 cities had exceeded 264,000. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 60,401, Isfahan 17,220, Khorasan Razavi 16,695, Khuzestan 16,004, Mazandaran 11,115, Lorestan 11,078, East Azerbaijan 10,838, West Azerbaijan 9,908, Gilan 9,231, Qom 9,110,Fars 7,967, Alborz 6,767, Golestan 6,705, Sistan and Baluchestan 6,001, Hamedan 5,948,Kerman 5,934, Central Province 5,508, Kermanshah 5,294, Semnan 4,680, North Khorasan 3,928, Ardabil 3,302, Hormozgan 3,045, Qazvin 3,039, Zanjan 2,900, and Ilam 2,716.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
April 24, 2021