- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT) in Tehran: 1,900 COVID-19 patients were admitted in 24 hours. There are 2,500 critically ill patients admitted to ICU. (Tasnim news agency, September 12, 2021)
- According to the relevant officials, the official death toll is equivalent to 3 daily plane crashes, but the actual figure is 2.5 to 3 times more. (Mardom-Salary newspaper, September 12, 2021)
- The head of Tehran’s Medical Organization: About COVID-19 vaccines, we said that we would not make people lab rats, but we did this with the medicines. (State-run media, Aftab-e Yazd, September 12, 2021)
- Managing Director of Tabriz Municipality Cemeteries: The number of COVID-19 deaths is still increasing. (ISNA news agency, September 12, 2021)
- Qom University of Medical Sciences: Last night, 32 COVID-19 patients died. This is the second time in the last 18 months that the death toll in Qom exceeds 30 people. (IRNA news agency, September 12, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, September 12, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 547 cities had exceeded 419,800. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 98,616, Khorasan Razavi 33,225, Isfahan 27,710, Khuzestan 25,751, Mazandaran 16,020, Fars 15,059, East Azerbaijan 14,983, West Azerbaijan 14,798, Gilan 14,550, Lorestan 14,300, Alborz 12,288, Sistan and Baluchestan 12,165, Qom 11,575, Kerman 10,987, Central Province 7,768, Kermanshah 7,294, Yazd 7,078, Kurdistan 6,587, Semnan 5,930, North Khorasan 5,439, Ardabil 5,285, Bushehr 4,769, and South Khorasan 3,726.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
September 12, 2021