In a letter to Khamenei, Saeed Namaki, regime’s Health Minister: We will be crushed under the wave of COVID-19. The later we act, the greater the catastrophe and the heavier the toll.
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences: 70 people have died in Mashhad due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours. Complete closure of the city is necessary for at least a week. (ISNA news agency, August 1, 2021)
- Mohammad-Reza Mahboobfar, a member of the Scientific Association for Health Education: The country has entered a deadlock, and COVID-19 is out of officials’ control. The sixth outbreak will soon be arriving. (State-run media Arman-Meli, August 1, 2021)
- Loghman Hospital, Tehran: The COVID-19 mortality and infections are dramatically high, and we are in a perlious condition. We have no clear idea of the future of the virus. (ISNA, August 1, 2021)
- Deputy Head of Golestan Health Center: If there is a black color to explain the gravity of the Coronavirus situation in the Province, we have gone beyond that. (ISNA, August 1, 2021)
- In Gilan, the upward trend of COVID-19 infection and hospitalizations is such that it is not far from a catastrophe. (Mehr news agency, August 1, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Sunday, August 1, 2021, that the Coronavirus fatalities in 547 cities across Iran had exceeded 344,100. The number of victims in Tehran has reached 80,456, Isfahan 23,310, Khuzestan 21,856, Khorasan Razavi 20,855, Mazandaran 13,330, Lorestan 13,000, Fars 11,757, Gilan 11,115, Alborz 10,003, Sistan and Baluchestan 9,810, Kerman 8,508, Golestan 8,105, Yazd 5,977, Hormozgan 5,850, Kurdistan 5,677, North Khorasan 4,729, and Bushehr 3,899.
In a letter to Khamenei published on state-run news agency, Moj, today, Saeed Namaki, the regime’s Health Minister, called for Khamenei’s intervention and warned: “We are being crushed under the weight of a heavy wave of COVID-19, and it is necessary to bring all the country’s resources to seriously confront this devastating phenomenon. The later we act, the wider the dimensions of the catastrophe; its losses will be heavier on the country.”
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
August 1, 2021