- Masoud Mardani, member of the National Coronavirus Combat Taskforce (NCCT): There is a surge in the number of COVID-19 patients in the country. Hence the number of hospitalizations and deaths will rise in the next two weeks. (State-run media, Shafaghna, February 8, 2021)
- Hamid Souri, head of the NCCT epidemiology Committee: The current situation of the epidemic is very fragile, the recent reopening is a mistaken and dangerous move. (ISNA news agency, February 8, 2021)
- Head of Sina Hospital in Tehran: The third week of February is the time when the fourth COVID-19 outbreak will strike. All people are at risk for a virus that is five times more infectious and three times more likely to kill. (ISNA, February 8, 2021)
- Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences: The number of patients with COVID-19 in Khuzestan Province is rising rapidly and exponentially. If not controlled, we will have a harder and more severe peak than the first peak. (ISNA, February 8, 2021)
- Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences: The number of COVID-19 patients admitted has tripled. With the continuation of this situation, we will be facing the fourth wave of Coronavirus.
- West Azerbaijan University of Medical Sciences: In the past 24 hours, 332 new COVID-19 cases were registered, which was the highest in the past 50 days. (IRNA news agency, February 8, 2021)
- Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences: In the past two weeks, the Covid-19 outbreak has been very severe in most rural areas of Hormozgan Province. (IRNA, February 8, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on Monday, February 8, 2021, that the Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities across Iran had exceeded 212,900. The number of victims in Tehran is 51,211, Khorasan Razavi 14,300, Isfahan 13,605, Khuzestan 10,620, Mazandaran 8,872, West Azerbaijan 7,848, Gilan 7,586, Golestan 5,519, Alborz 5,408, Kermanshah 4,364, Central Province 4,293, Kurdistan 3,672, Semnan 3,185, Hormozgan 2,260, and Bushehr 2,139.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 8, 2021