- Iraj Harirchi, regime’s Deputy Health Minister: Orange cities have increased from 18 to 36 cities, yellow cities from 130 to 178 cities, and low-risk, blue cities have decreased from 300 to 234 cities. The Coronavirus situation in Kish, Qeshm, and Hormoz Orange and the virus transmission is on the rise. (IRNA news agency, February 5, 2021)
- Mohsen Farhadi from the Health Ministry: Coronavirus’s upward trend in at least three provinces of Tehran, Yazd, and Hormozgan is evident. (IRNA news agency, February 5, 2021)
- Head of Khuzestan Health Center: What had worried us has happened. The number of COVID-19 patients and hospitalizations has increased to 68%. (State TV, February 4, 2021)
- The daily number of COVID-19 outpatients and hospitalizations in Khorasan Razavi Province has increased from 1,100 to 2,200, which is alarming. (State TV, February 4, 2021)
- In Mazandaran Province, the daily number of patients is still three digits and those hospitalized are four digits. (Mehr news agency, February 4, 2021)
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) announced on February 5, 2021, that the number of Coronavirus death toll in 480 cities had exceeded 211,500. The number of victims in Tehran is 50,956, Khorasan Razavi 14,225, Isfahan 13,485, Khuzestan 10,520, Mazandaran 8,757, Lorestan 8,588, East Azerbaijan 8,048, Fars 6,387, Alborz 5,388, Hamedan 4,993, Kerman 4,699, Kermanshah 4,344, Central Province 4,278, Kurdistan 3,652, and Semnan 3,155.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
February 5, 2021