Health Ministry: 8,293 infections in the past 24 hours, 100% and 300% increase in two weeks and two months, respectively
- Deputy Health Minister, Iraj Harirchi: Positive cases are on the rise. 50% of those hospitalized in ICU die. Must expect an increase in deaths (Khorasan daily, October 29, 2020).
- Alireza Zali, head of the National Coronavirus Combat Task Force (NCCT): Since the beginning of September, the record for new fatalities and infection in Tehran was broken nine times. Stats are having an increasing trend (ISNA, October 28, 2020).
- Health Ministry Spokesperson: Government agencies and governing bodies must engage the battle against COVID-19 in taking warfare formation (IRNA, October 29, 2020).
- Head of Sina Hospital in Tehran: In the recent two weeks a large number have died as they come to the emergency ward. This is a catastrophe (State Television, October 28, 2020).
- Head of Golsetan Hospital in Kermanshah: We do not have empty beds even for two hours in Golestan and Imam Reza hospitals (Fars News Agency, October 29, 2020).
- Head of Kerman Medical Sciences University: Today, we had 40 to 50 Coronavirus deaths, which was a record relative to the recent months (ISNA, October 29, 2020).
The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK) announced this afternoon, Thursday, October 29, 2020, that the Coronavirus fatalities has surpassed 136,300 in 460 cities across Iran. The death toll includes: 33,021 in Tehran, 10,272 in Khorasan Razavi, 8,203 in Khuzestan, 7,544 in Isfahan, 5,898 in Qom, 5,862 in Mazandaran, 5,828 in Lorestan, 4,812 in East Azerbaijan, 3,978 in West Azerbaijan, 3,775 in Alborz, 3,631 in Sistan and Baluchestan, 3,571 in Fars, 2,928 in Kermanshah, 2,426 in Kurdistan, 2,170 in Kerman, 1,977 in Central Province, 1,685 in Hormozgan, 1,513 in Ardabil, 1,285 in Zanjan, 1,124 in Ilam, and 1,045 in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)
October 29, 2020